View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Live 2/4 flush draw

Live 2/4 game. Effective stacks are 800. Villain is a LAG, but mainly a limit player and hasn't full adjusted to NL. When he's raising, he's not making a move. He views me as tricky, and able to bluff at big pots. 8 handed.

I'm in the SB with Qs6s. Villain in MP makes it 10 to go, which could mean any 2 cards. I call, BB calls.

Flop: (30) KsJsAc
I check, BB checks, Villain bets 15, I c/r to 55 hoping to take it down there, BB folds, Villain makes it 100?? I call.

At this point I put him on two pair or a set. Vague possibility he has Q10, but my read is a set at best, two pair at worst.

Turn: (230) 3h
I check, he bets 200, leaving him about 400 behind. I call planning to push any spade or 10 river, and check/fold all other cards. I assume when I push my read is right and he will call most of the time with two pair, a set, or a straight. I can pretty much rule out a nut flush draw, unless it's As3s. So I'm paying 200 to win 830 with 11 outs at best, 9 outs almost for sure. Is this close? Should I have folded? Or is the call correct the way I played the hand?