View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: TPGK, Semi-coordinated board

[ QUOTE ]
raise more preflop... you dont want this hand 4way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you want to be 4 way with KQs?? I mean I certainly wouldn't want to play for a big pot pre-flop with it 4 way, but KQs is a strong multi-way hand.

KQs I like to mix between limping and raising in this situation. With no reads on the table (and your current stack size in relation to the blinds) I probably lean towards limping rather than raising, but I personally think the raise is fine, and I'm not sure I would raise too much more UTG with KQs. I certainly don't want to price myself into calling a small re-raise PF for a good portion of my stack, and a raise to 1600+ could easily do this.

On the flop, this may be weak tight, but I would call with the plan of raising the turn on any non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] non-broadway card. With a super draw heavy board I often find that I can't push players off their draws on the flop with a large raise, but I can often make a cheap call then push them off on the turn when they miss. I don't dislike your raise, but I think it puts you in an akward position on the turn.

Given the previous action in the hand, I think your turn/river line is fine. I don't think the hand was played poorly at all, just wanted to suggest an alternative line that I will use sometimes when my stack is large in relation to the blinds (as yours was) and I don't have many reads at the table.

-Rizen