View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: $11: JJ early game, interesting hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW I don't think that the line is completely off, but I still think that a flop bet is the best way to determine where you stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

See that's the problem with his huge pre-flop raise. There was not significant money in the pot at that point, so all he did is create a huge pot (if called) that is difficult to play in the (common) event that overs fall.

After his raise, he was down to t615 with, significantly, two callers. The pot size was already t565 at that point. Any real C-bet is going to take a very large chunk of his remaining stack, and to me, with two callers of the huge PF raise, it's too likely that one of them checked an ace.

As the hand played out, I like the way he played it post flop. But again, I don't see the point of such a huge raise pre-flop. There are times when I'll push JJ pre-flop. (In fact, I made a post about it yesterday. 'JJ facing a nuisance raiser'.) But the situation here is very different. A raise to ~100 or a call pre-flop would have been much better, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHH that does make alot more sense. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Well I still learning to.