View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Will this solve my problem?

I have a Gateway M520, that I am four tabling on. It has 256K of RAM. I play over a dial up connection, that says I connect at around 49,333K.

When I play I have 3-6 site lobbies open, PAHUD, GT+, (2) instances of pokertracker (One to import hard drive hand histories and the other to download e-mailed ones), and my tables.

As the night progresses I experience more and more mini-freezes of about 3-12 seconds in duration. My cursor will start moving slow and things will happen in slow motion.

Last night I downloaded a program called "RAM Idle" from Tweaknow. It is supposed to free up RAM when it gets close to maxed out. It seems to help, but not enough. The freezes are less frequent, but still bothersome.

According to RAM Idle, when all my crap is up and running I have about 45MB of RAM remaining, once I am playing this number usually bounces from 14 (at which point RAM Idle commences recovery) to 60 (Immediately after RAM Idle recovers).

I spoke to Gateway customer support and described my problem. I ended up purchasing 500MB of RAM that will be here Wednesday. Am I throwing away money, or will this help?

Any other suggestions? (besides buying a new computer or High speed internet access, neither are a option right now).