View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: AJo......Stage 1 of play along

Since we have zero information on the small blind we must assume he acts in a way consistant with your average 2/4 player, which is to say a CR on this flop means straight, set, two pair, or flush draw in my experience. I just think we need to be ahead more often than not to profitably 3-bet this flop. And I'm just not sure if that is the case. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess what I'm saying is if the SB has us beat we're drawing to 2 or 4 outs and a small chance at the broadway chop or backdoor flush. Either way if we're beat by the SB it pretty much doesn't matter what the players behind us have since we need to improve to the boat to win, and we'd want them to stay in to build the pot.

Ok here's the question I don't think I know the answer to, If we believe the sb has us beat more often then not is it still correct to 3-bet the flop? (I'm not saying he does or doesn't have us beat, I just want to know how often we have to be ahead to make this correct given the size of the pot)