View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 55: Need a post-flop line against this Ultra-LAG

The thing I don't like about pushing marginal hands against lags is that they will usually only play with if they have good equity if you have any sort of tight image, but will continue to bet into you if you just sit there, especially if they think you might be on a draw. The stacks here are a bit problematic. About the best reason I can see to push this turn is to get a big draw to fold incorrectly, but folding incorrectly is not something lag's usually do. Even a better hand that will call if you push could easily check behind the river in this case. A hand like 89 with the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fits into this class of hands, and I think you really need to weigh these hands heavily since they make up a large portion of his possible holdings. If you think he will fold incorrectly, fine, but with a huge stack and probably a feeling of invicibility right now, I would not cout on that. There are a lot of hands like 7T he may fold that you are happy to see him fold, but there are a lot of hands where he is in milking mode, too, and will continue with the small bets if you don't play back (where he happily complies and stacks you).