View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Wreckless or justfied move?

Its late in the Party Poker 5,000 guaranteed freeroll tourney and I am already well into the money. There are currently 12 players left and I am sitting in middle to later chip position with 170,000 or so and $60 guaranteed with the money steadily going up after 10th place. Blinds are 15 and 30 thousand and I am in the small blind. Side Note: I have already set my sights on the top 3 places and told myself that I am going to play to win the whole thing. There are 6 at my table and everyone seems to be playing to make sure they finish top 10. It is folded around to me (small blind) and I have K8o. The table has been very tight obviously and I don't know a whole lot about the player in the Big Blind who has me covered by 50,000 or so. I figure that I probably have the best hand and that even if he does have a slightly better hand (K10,Ace rag, etc) he will most likely fold. The blinds are clearly big enough to be worth stealing and my table image has been pretty tight (I've only gone all in with very strong hands). I push all in and he mulls it over for 15 seconds or so and calls. I'll post results later after a few responses. What do you think- honest advice? I thought about folding for quite awhile but concluded that I probably had the best hand and that i needed to boost my stack. Wreckless or justified? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.