View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: AKs EP, pick up draw on turn, empire 55r

I think he'll frequently, though not always, push with a K. The stacks are short enough relative to the pot that even a thinking player might believe that you're forced to call with less than a K, but that's up in the air. (EDIT: A player who is not very good probably thinks "Holy [censored], I have a K, I just owned this guys face off, push push push push push," so you can count on him to get it in. I don't know which this guy was.)

Pushing to extract the max from a K and sacrificing the rest of his range is giving up some money, I think. What hands with a K are plausible to have gotten this far that are also making that little minraise on the turn? Is he calling you PF and on the flop with KJ? It's not unheard of but it would be mildly surprising. So I think he's going to have a K somewhat rarely, but I don't have a good concrete range to put forth for him at the moment. And, as mentioned above, I think he will push with a K when he does have it often enough to balance this out even if he does show up with a K more often than I expect.