View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Poker, Zen, How you feel in your gut/love mucle, the game by math

I really need help with my poker game, I like poker a lot, I really injoy it, over the long haul im down about 2k I would say, Ive done great plays Ive done poor calls, basicly its getting to the stage were I have to admit one thing.
I am not a good poker player.
That has to be the hardest thing for a poker player to admit to and I wont even bother explaining how Ive rasie odd cards and hit full houses or how Ive made a killing here then lost it.

Any way the point of my post, Here are some of my observations about poker.
-Poker can be beaten and you can make a lot of money.
-If you are centered and maybe outside of the game things are going well and you have your groove on, you have good karma, it comes across into the game and you end up winning, that will only last as long as you stay non greedy once you become greedy its like a switch gets hit and its all down hill from then on.
-The best tip ever given that I read was when Dole.B said you have to change gears, know what this means..
-Changing gears means that when you tighten up, you do tighten up and you dont start rasing 7-2 off suit just to see what will happen.
-Poker is not about what 99% of the books tell you, you make money in poker with trapping hands, period, if you cant put me on a hand ever then you are in one tough situation, this means.
-Raise a pair of twos, if you hit a 2 on the board its hard to see that, raise 5-6 suited, if you hit a straight its hard to see that. I think you might lose a bit of money raising odd hands but when they hit you are set to clear up, all in etc.
-Once you sit down as a man you start to want to control things with the lower part of your body, your energy starts to get vexed when this dont go your way and you go on tilts, I have tryed every thing from just getting in from a massage girl to praying to litening to brainwave generator (available freeware online), I just cant seem to sit down for extended periods of time and not loss the plot, watch your self guys.
-When you bet you got to bet strong, if you lose with a full house to a higher full house so be it, if you lose a to a higher flush as long as you had the king thats respectable.
-
I got heaps of more thoughts im at work right now but I posted this because on saturday just gone I went in with £80 when up to £160 with in a matter of minutes with some really great moves then lost the lot by playing heads up FL (pot limit) only after taking half the guys stack.

Its sick when go up then lose it all I need to be able to play by hottest game but not kick my self in the stomac, maybe I need a girl friend to deal with me whilst I play online, this might just might keep my head clear enough not to kill myslf after 25mins.

Any input: