View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Defensive plays against super-agro players - What plays to use?

Personally, I like to be the guy who bets and raises, and hate being the person who is calling. Throw in a couple of big raises against them when they make their bets, and they become more hesitant to make bets without the goods, because they know at anytime I can come over the top of them and take that pot after they tried to take it from me. And I'd rather have the option of checking, making a continuation bet, or making a value bet when its my turn, if I am on a draw, I can keep the pot odds right for my hand if I control the betting, and if I check and they are used to me betting or check raising, SOMETIMES they will get suspicious when I got a well hidden draw (like a flop of Q97r holding JT) and give me a free card to hit my cards. They will still be aggressive, and start getting involved in plays to try to sucker me into reraising them so they can throw in another reraise over the top, but getting a free card on a draw that I wouldn't have gotten before is valuable to me.

So to answer your question, no, I don't like it when an opponent bets into me the whole way unless I have a monster that wouldn't have likely gotten any action otherwise, most of the time I'd rather be the one doing the betting and raising.