View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: NL Hold\'em (or so they call it) variant

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to play ULTRA loose not to upset them

[/ QUOTE ]
... if they asked you to play your hands blind and/or give them your $200 and leave so that you would not upset them.... would you? not trying to be a jerk but playing more hands just to appease your opponents is certainly not an optimal startegy.

it would seem that the optimal strategy for this game is to play it like a limit game (which someone else suggested) and just wait for good top pair hands and jam them up as best you can. you are going to go through some swings if the game is as loose as you say... but all you can really do is wait for a hand where you think you have an edge and get your money in the pot.

i would also not have a problem playing almost any two reasonable cards in late potistion since you will be getting an insane price on your call to see the flop with all of the antes and players entering ahead of you. for example: ideally you would not want to pay 10% of your stack to play 98s... but if you are getting 10:1 to see the flop and it's just going to be a 20-20-20 limit game from there on out... i think you need to take a peek assuming that this $200 is not your entire roll and you can reload after a few inevitable misses. for my money though... i would just take some high cards or a decent pocket pair and go from there.