View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Starting Hand Theory

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in terms of getting starting chart (miller or yao or gary carson are fine) and then moving away from it somewhat for your style and type of table. i'd be a little careful. to me that thinking eventually gets to playing crap hands (hey, a QTo, i can play that).

[/ QUOTE ]

zhad, i agree.. but i bet you 90% who get away from the tables get miles away from the table.... i'd say i'm tighter than 99% i play against and i'm no where near as tight as the tables suggest....

one thing to keep in mind is that some people in full table and everyone in shorthanded eventually realize you play very few hands and get out of the way.... easy to think they are just stupid fish, but it does seem like people notice if you fold 15 non-blind hands in a row, like can happen with the tables.

you are very right though... position (and i'll add characteristics of the table) are key... my original point was that i think most people get miles and miles away from the starting hand charts.

That's the point, if you have good position and you really know what you're doing, QTo is a fine hand. Not great, but fine.

[/ QUOTE ]