Thread: unfluctuation
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: unfluctuation

"yeah cmon tommy, i'm trying to understand, but this is a little much."

I stopped raising with anything but big pairs from the big blind in shorthanded games two years ago. About half my table hours are at shorthanded play, and all of my hours are cash-game B&M. I estimate my current earn rate at shorthanded to be 3BB per hour.

I made a steady living playing hold'em for 13 years while frequently raising from the big bling with all pairs down to 99, with big aces, and some big kings, and occasional other hands as well. I am very familiar with the betting patterns and situations and the meta-game effects that flow from those raising decisions.

None of you are familiar with any of the betting patterns I have been exploring during these last two years. And there's no way I could explain them because it's all very personal and fresh, what happens at four in the morning, with a handful of guys, night after night. That's why I report these hands. I find it all fascinating, as a scientist/artist dude.

And I'm not saying that my results would go up or down if I were to revert to the way I used to play the big blind. It could be that my advantage comes mostly from never tilting even a teensie weensie bit, and maybe it doesn't even matter what I do with AK from the BB. I have no idea. I'm just saying, until you've walked in my shoes ...