View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Car Financing Propects Being a Pro? (X/P)

Sorry to cross-post this, but I'm worried that my original post in News, Views, Gossip will not get many responses (I've never read that section anyway, and it seems kind of hit-n-miss over there).

Just finished a search and there was one semi-relevant topic that didn't get many reponses.

My wife and I are looking at buying a house next spring after I have my second year of poker-related income tax returns filed.

It is my understanding that a no-documentation mortgage can have very attractive interest rates (sometimes lower than a conventional loan) if your credit score (FICO) is pushing 800 (max 830). After doing some research, it seems as though we're going to want to have a zero balance on our credit cards (not a problem), get my wife's student loans down significantly (shouldn't be too difficult, but currently in the high $30Ks), and obviously have all other bills up-to-date (duh).

In addition, I read that it is good to have a "current" loan such as an automobile loan. My vehicles have always been purchased straight up, and my wife is leasing (I know... this was done before I married her ).

So, where do I turn? My truck is a '99 Tahoe LT that blue books at about $8,500 for a trade, and I would have between $5k-$10k to put down. If I'm looking for a car at around $30k, that means I would need a loan of about $11,500-$16,500.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and if anyone thinks this should be posted elsewhere, let me know (since this is somewhat poker-related, OOT didn't seem appropriate).

Thanks kids!