View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: I need to start doing this more

[ QUOTE ]
And why do you assume he will always fold A high. If he gets a read on you and puts you on a bluff, or if he is trickier than you are currently aware of, you might actually get raised LOL...

[/ QUOTE ]

B/c this is 3/6 and there is a K on the board. I've given every indication that I have a K and it would be hard for him to call 2x w/just A high. I don't fear a bluff raise b/c this is 3/6 and my opponent isn't that tricky or good.

Why does everyone hate this cold call? How bout we rephrase the orignal Q as 30/0 guy open limps, semi tight mp limps behind and I'm otb w/A9s. This is an easy limp and maybe even a raise. The original raiser was 60/30 so hes raising w/the top 30% of the hands, just like a guy who is 30/0 is limping w/the best 30% of the hands. The only difference between scenerio 1 and 2 is that I have to pay 2 bets instead of 1 to see the flop but in both cases I likely have an equity edge over my opponents range of hands.

I think we can all agree that if MP doesn't cold call, this is an easy 3 bet pf. Does the presence of a cold calling mp change this from an easy 3 bet to an easy fold? I don't really think so. I think cases can be made for 3 options pf but I hardly think cold calling is a huge mistake. I've still got position, the pot will be reasonably big postflop and I have a pretty good hand. ATs isn't a fold and neitherh is AJs, can A9s be THAT much weaker?