View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: But I have the button! I have to bet the flop!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think there is only one way of playing a certain hand then you need to stop playing. My actions depend on plenty of factors, like my notes on other players, what they think I have etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill a bit. I didn't think there was one way to play it. You said it depends on a lot of factors. I agree and was just looking for you to expand upon the factors you considered when deciding on that line. For example, if you had a read that the button was the type to bet any flop checked to him (which it sounds like was the case), that is an important detail to leave out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people on the button are like that. They look at their hand, notice that if certain cards hit they will win and somehow think this means they can "value bet" their gutshot no pair. They somehow think they will get a free card on the turn if they miss, plus they end up betting anyway because "its obvious" no one else has anything since they all checked. They then get check raised all in and "have value" to call since so much money is in, they miss and lose all their money with their no pair gutshot draw the whole time because "they had value". Give people the button and they turn into idiots.
On a similar note put people out of position and they turn into weak tight players who can't even raise double suited aces preflop! remind you of anyone?