View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Dear Christians: Your child doesn\'t believe in Jesus. Now what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your child has free will. The same free will that allows some atheists to come from Christian homes, and Christians to come from atheist homes. If free will exists, then attempts to steer your child into or out of Christianity should be useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet my bottom dollar that you and your wife were "steered" to believe in Christianity. The evidence is overwhelming....most religous people have the religion of their upbringing. Do you really believe people aren't (as a general truth) "steered" in this way??

[/ QUOTE ]

Steered yes...forced no. Your parents probably taught you not to steal. As a result, you're probably not a theif but they didn't make that decision for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said "forced". And you with me agree that steering is a viable option unlike the original poster (as a general statement). I'm an atheist but I live pretty much according to Chritian morals ( I find Islamic morals unacceptable in many respects, in contrast) I'm just amazed that so many who see their particular religion as being the only true one and which happens to be their parent's religion don't see any connection. Give me a child .......!