View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: got caught speeding

in these short handed games people do make alot more moves, and often assume other people are doing the same

if villain think im an aggressive player in all situations and he has either; an overpair, overs and the nut flush draw, an overpair with a flush draw, a top pair and a decent flush draw, etc; hes probably going to ramble with me if theres a decent chunk of change in the pot

i assume im ahead enough of the time here and that my opponent will be stubborn enough with this range of hands that i have a huge edge with these flops and a set

now, what is the best way of getting money in
if i lead and get raised thats GREAT! if i lead and get called by an Ace of clubs or a flush then thats not so great as it makes me guess on the turn. i hate leading and just getting called on these flops. im out of position and dont know what i want on the turn. ie do i need a board pair or just a non club

check raising huge makes someone with what they consider a huge draw put it in the middle, and it also allows me to have decent odds against the rare flopped flush, which i am way behind on the turn.

i posted another hand like this where we went to the flop 3 or 4 handed and i had top set against a flopped flush and an overpair, in that instance i would have done much better to have led out, as it was i left myself no options

heads up pots in 6max 600 i will continue to try to get it in on the flop, especially oop, in this scenarios until my opponents play changes or i become too predicable and am losing an edge