Thread: KJo 300/600
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 PM

Default KJo 300/600

I've been destroying the game so far. Up maybe 20k in 45 minutes or something. 6 handed. Marrakes opens in the hi-jack. This doesn't mean much other than he's got 2 ok cards. He's like a 55/35/1.1 6 handed player. Post-flop he's mediocre. Just kinda weird. Definately capable of some funky stuff and good plays too, even though he doesn't probably quite realize what's going on. The button is LoisLane, a super agro donk who's down like 40k at this point and is playing absolutely horribly. I 4 bet her on a T76 flop with KT after she 3 bet me pre-flop and she called down and lost. She's playing scared of me now kinda. She commented in the chat how she's tilting and it's evident. Can't remember who the sb was, but the bb was steve95. He's kind of an IMO. Always overplaying his hands and is generally a monkey. Of course if you're missing a lot of flops he's a tough player cause he's ALWAYS putting preasure on you, but the flipside is you can get TONS of value out of him especially if you understand how he thinks. He would definately own quite a few mid-stakes winning players though as he's so relentless. I struggled for a long time but now feel pretty comfortable. Plays similar to DERB I guess.

Anyhow, back to the hand. Marrakes raises, I cold call red KJo. Usually I'd 3 bet here and I'd been 3 betting a lot so I decided I'd change it up with a cold-call. Button folds, sb folds, steve95 calls. 3 ways, 2 bets.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Steve checks, marrakes checks (wtf?), I bet, steve calls (likely doesn't have much of a hand as he would almost surely protect it) marrakes calls.

Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Steve wakes up and bets, marrakes now raises.

I'm not worried about steve. I'm almost positive I can beat his hand. Unless he didn't want to check/raise marrakes out of the pot with a hand like 66 or 44. Not very likely though. He tends to start putting bets in early. But this marrakes guy has played this hand very oddly.

Now what?