View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: PC-ness has replaced logic & reasoning.

[ QUOTE ]
Your mom's joke was untasteful, and even more egregious, not funny. At all.

[ QUOTE ]
OK, but the real question is: which racial group is the best at swinging from trees?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny.

[ QUOTE ]
“I think it has something to do with the jungle.”

[/ QUOTE ]
I fail to see the hilarity in this, and I believe most people would agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn’t a joke. It was a simpler way of saying “certain groups of people have a genetic predisposition to excel in certain areas because of the environment of their ancestors”, as was already discussed. The fact that you have to go through that much extreme measures to choose your words is why I think the PC police have gotten a little idiotic. There is some debate as to whether it is an “accurate” statement or not, and some nitpicking over what % of Africa is actually “jungle.” There was a valid point made that in some circles, terms like “jungle monkey” have been used to degrade black people. This wasn’t the case, although I already conceded that I understand the conclusion that people would make because of the history.

The PC police apparently need a dictionary, cause they have forgotten what racism is...
Racism: An excessive and irrational belief in or advocacy of the superiority of a given group, people, or nation, on racial grounds alone; race hatred.

This was not racism.