View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: First Attempt at Clarification

thanks, that was a good analysis of the hand. what was making me unsure about a turn bet was that i dont feel very good about how the river plays out. i think this came from a slightly different assesment of the villian. when paluka made the point that villian had been willing to fold to reraises from non shortstacks i took that to mean he was likely well aware of the perils of playing semi deep stacks out of position vs a tight re-raiser. pre-flop reraises, when uncommon in the game or from the reraiser, end up having such an oppressive impact on the post flop betting that i was left disliking the river situation. if this had just been a raised pot where villian called out of the blind or something i think i would agree completely with the check/turn line. also, if the villian is a little bad, which he may well be, i like checking the turn more as well. as it is i was a bit concerned with whether a turn check just gave the villian a free chance to beat us with a hand he would otherwise be unwilling to put any money in with and not give us a chance to fold out KK/QQ when he has those. giving the villian the chance to catch a winning hand is often a tradeoff im willing to make when it will induce value on the river but im a little skeptical about how much that applies here, largely because of how how i am assuming the pre-flop re-raise narrows the posters likely range of hands in the villians eyes.

despite all that im not sure that i actually disagree with you. i guess im just saying why i like a turn check less than i otherwise might even though it still might actually be best. i think my final decision probably hinges on a little better understanding of the villian. if he is a bit loose/bad then the check is good while when he is tighter whetever money your putting in serves you better on the turn.