View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Update

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats and keep it up!

I would have responded to your initial post if I wasn't away, but this is the first I heard of it.

I was wondering why you said, "I want it to be heart healthy (no Atkins)"?

I've been on a low carb life style for over 4 years, and my physicians tell me to keep doing what I've been doing. BP and cholesterol levels both excellent.

The key is to incorporate what you are doing as a life change.
I can tell you this, what ever you drop, will be gained back if you resort to your old tactics.
You must change your diet to something you can live with for the rest of your life, and perform a level of physical activity that can be worked into your schedule "4-ever".

Sure, you can work out more now that your inspired, but you must make exercise part of your future daily schedule.

Some things that have helped me in the past:
1) Keep a food diary. (If you have to write it down, you probably won’t eat it if your not suppose to)
2) Keep an exercise log and change your routines every few weeks so your body does not become too efficient.
3) Include weight training as muscle burns more calories than fat.
4) Do take photos and measurements. Measurements more important that weight as muscle is much more dense than fat.
5) Take a body fat analysis ASAP, to understand your body’s composition.
6) Set interim goals of levels of body fat rather than weight. (I rather weigh 185 at 8% body fat than 175 at 14% body fat for my height)

I would write more but got to go.

Good Luck and keep us posted.