View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: My first hand in a while...

I'm not sure what a turn bet would accomplish for you. If this were 2 handed or maybe even 3 handed then it's possible you could be best with King high and a bet might force out lower cards that could pair up or set you up for a steal on the river, but at least one of your 3 opponents has a pair of something and they aren't letting go of it in this large pot.

You aren't going to fold a better King or a better Q either. Some worse hands are going to call which lessens the cost of a bet, but I don't think you're making a profit on it. So a bet doesn't protect your hand (even a gutshot will have odds to call), nor does it have immediate value since you're just too likely to be behind to at least a pair.

So, I would take this free card pretty much every time, though I have never played lower than .50/1 so I could be making some poor assumptions. Actually, a limit like $1/$2 is probably the perfect limit to bet this against the right opponents since you can get the weak-tighties to make a "big laydown", but at .50/1 and probably anything lower you just get "weak" and not so much tight. Anyway, I don't think a bet loses you much since you do have some decent equity, but I wouldn't recommend it.