View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Stopping a leak.

[ QUOTE ]
You can make 3 straights with 75s and 1 straight with A4s. With A4s, you make a stronger 2-pair and a better flush. I can't see how 75s is much better than A4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the texture of the hand as it plays out as a lot more of a fit or fold situation..and given peoples proclivaties in playing Aces.. the natural fear of 2/3/5 flop is greater then a fear of a 3/4/6 flop.

The fear of flush over flush is so small, I rarely give it much consideration. If they have a bigger flush then I, they get all my chips. At least getting a flush with 5/7 can attract action from a naked Ace of that suit, which furthers the appeal.

Also, 5/7 can flop a few reasonable drawing hands, but A4 figures to only flop one, being the flush draw.

I agree A/4 suited has speculative qualities.. but on stars I think the BB is 30 and the stacks are 1500? thats 50 BB, and you already committ 3 BB's calling the persons raise.

you have to figure to be better then (50/3) .. 17-1 to flop trips/2 pair/flush (draw)/wheel.. and be exceedingly confident that you will get the origional raisers stack when you make your hand, in order to justify it.

The 17-1 can be justified, but the chance of getting the other persons stack as a result is too often over-estimated.

In tournies with deeper stacks or smaller blinds (UB immediately springs to mind) the inclination to call is a lot greater.. in the OPs situation.. I could easily convince myself to fold.

Not that I think calling here is bad, its just not for me.