View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: 1 Year Anniversary of Online Poker Career

[ QUOTE ]
Its very possible that you are just not that good at poker. Your ROI%'s are not good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ with you there. Discounting the last few months, a 17% ROI in the 55's represents a good to very good player. That is how I would rate myself.

[ QUOTE ]
Its hard for me to believe that someone would leave a 6 figure salaried job without being much much better at poker than this and without having long term success at a very high win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a position where the company was downsizing and my relationship with my boss was good enough that I had the option of taking the 6 month severance package or keeping the job. Also, I was about to get married and the wife was behind me all the way and very importantly there to cover my health benefits.

Also, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could go and find a job for at least 70-80k without any difficulty at all.

That said, am I happy with 27k. Absolutely not, but I'll take another 27k this year so long as that means I don't have to scream at the top of my lungs at a bunch of retards in a conference room ever again.