View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Deep Stack NL on Prima...Bottom Two Pair w/ Flush Draw

[ QUOTE ]
I have 5d6d in the BB. MP opens for $40. 3 players call after him. I call too. 5 see the flop of 5h6cJd. I lead out for $150. Everyone folds except one of the late position callers. He is extremely tight, maybe 10% to the flop. Turn comes Td. I check. He bets the pot ($500). He has $2300 left and I have him covered. What is your play? Also, would you consider betting the turn? I really don't want him raising me on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a incredibly tough situation. I would welcome comments from others; this is the kind of pot where I would be in trouble.

I bet this turn, though probably less than pot. There's enough behind that you can call a moderate raise. You will get paid if you hit your flush.

You might be ahead. Against the player you describe, in the position you describe, I'm having a hard time coming up with hands that you beat, though. (He's reraising with QQ-AA preflop, he's not calling with AJo or 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].)

I kinda like a check/raise on the flop; then if someone other than the pfr comes over the top you can probably drop.