View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Some hands from Festa Al Lago

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your reasoning on calling the river in hand 3. Your read of your opponent didn't seem to indicate he would bluff here. Did you think he would bet a worse Ace here?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this whole post, his cards seem to be the least important factor to him so I am going to guess that he thought it would help his table image.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Suited is joking, but for the record, I would never call off half my stack on an "image" play.

Go back and read it again and try to image the rhythm of the hand. I played it in such a way that any ace would think they were good, and underpair might worry about missing out on value by not betting, and a busted draw would likely think that a strong river play would win the pot a fair amount of the time. Also, a real hand would be afraid of not getting a call by betting too much... so I think I allowed myself a chance to capture all the bluffs and weak value plays without risking having to make a call for it all.

I tend to not put my opponents on running flush draws in a raised pot with an ace and a pair on the board, and heavy flop action... so I literally never considered that he made a club flush. THAT opponent has a weaker ace, an underpair, and a 5 (in that order) most of the time.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with your assessment of what hands bet half their stack on the river. What underpairs make a value bet into a pfr on a paired board with two overcards and three to the flush? What busted draws are there on a A55 rainbow flop? I think a weaker ace check calls or makes a smaller bet not wanting to chase away QQ or similar.

With that said it is next to impossible to put your opponent on a flush as his flop call was quite horrible.