View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Bluffing the other draw when mine doesn\'t hit

[ QUOTE ]
mmmm i dont like the turn call if your plan is to bluff diamonds/value bet A/9

if an A falls, i dont see how he can really call any sort of river value bet without 2pair or better, and he definitely might tempt himself into calling with 2pair/better even if a diamond hits and you bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we change my hand to Td8d, I have immediate odds to call on the turn for my 15-outer even if I get no more money on the river. Without Td8d, I actually have 17 "outs" as there are 2 extra diamonds in the deck that I can use. So on the turn I'm getting 2.6:1 on a 29:17 (~1.7:1) shot at winning the pot. Of course, this needs to be discounted some as board-pairing diamonds (particularly the Qd) aren't necessarily any good and there is not a 100% chance of him folding to a scare card but I think the call is well within the bounds of profitability, not to mention the donk image I can get if the river bricks, it goes check/check and I have to show my hand first.

I actually felt the most interesting thing in the hand was not the line, but the size of the river bet. What's the minimum bet here that will get a competent (but not great) opponent to fold two pair (arbitrarily picked as a holding for him as it seemed most likely at the time)?