Thread: Live and cheap
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Live and cheap

Same Borgata game, 3rd hand of the session. Nothing really interesting, just a standard live phenomenon that one can easily discourage by value-betting. I raise UTG+2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], folds to the button who coldcalls. I've played with him before, he's passive and straightforward and middle-aged. A typical slightly too loose and much too passive player you find everywhere who will never change because he's already over 40 and has been playing for years and is a marginal winner/small loser and you internet punks don't know poker etc etc etc. Blinds drop.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, he bets, and I call expecting to win a bet if I improve, get to showdown every time if I have the best hand currently, and fold if he bets a river blank.