View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Royal Hold\'em strategys

Forget about playing any 2 suited cards just because. If you get a Royal when your in a hand for other reasons then consider it a bonus. The main give and take to flopping top 2 pair is you end up a hero or a zero. You make your boat and your probably good but if you don't then the fish kill you with their straights. When to be aggressive and when to be passive is key. Really paying attention to understand better when your straight might be good or at least a split pot. How big the pot is helps me decide when to call for the straight when my boat doesn't come. For the most part NL is crazy online as it is much less for Royal. For the most part any card below a Q isn't very good except with an ace which makes it ok but still a button or sb call. AK should be raised every so often to mix things up just like AA, KK or even QQ or AQ once in a while if your position is good. In Royal AA isn't as powerful as in the regular game. The flop is very key in this game. The game already has its regulars including myself but there are still newbies showing up. The game really gets boring so I have to play the regular game half the time.