View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 12:35 PM

Default preflop limp re-raise = me LOST

Party 15/30 10-handed

Hero MP1 w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG (47/4/1.7) limps, folded to hero who raises, SB (39/12/2.1) calls, UTG re-raises, Hero caps, SB calls.

3 to flop.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG checks (?), Hero bets, SB calls, UTG check-raises, Hero (confused) 3-bets, SB calls, UTG caps, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

SB checks, UTG checks (?), Hero (still confused) bets (????), SB calls, UTG check-raises again!, Hero (now cross-eyed) folds, SB calls.

On river, SB check/folded so I never saw showdown cards.

Help me here. I was completely bewildered. Feel free to comment on any part of the hand, although most concerned with following decision points.

1) Flop 3-bet after being checkraised by limp-reraiser (not too worried about this)

2) ****Turn bet when checked to. This is the one causing me most grief. Is this a check behind / call river bet situation? Heads-up I probably do that nearly every time, but SB's hand was screaming draw (and he was weak -- prob would have stuck around w/ as little as gutshot...and given pot size, he probably had odds to) and I wanted to charge SB max for his draw.

3) Fold to UTG's turn checkraise -- ugh; immediately wish I'd checked turn and called river -- I based my decision on the fact that he was typically rather passive, I didn't have so much as top pair, and there was still the SB behind me to worry about.

Frustrated with this hand -- even weak players will occasionally decide to periodically limp re-raise with absolutely anything, knowing that it screams bullets, and then decide that they're just going to play it as though it were the nuts on every street.

Please comment as appropriate.