View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Do you have to fold here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop- 8h 6h Jd

SB bets $2, Hero calls, UTG raises to $4, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

The first call is bad enough, but not popping it here is even worse. This is a draw happy board and eventhough you have 2 hearts, you really don't want to see a turn heart or other card that completes the straight. The fact that someone raised also makes it that much more likely that you are in a potentially very lucrative set over set situation.

There are times when slowplaying is fine, but 3 people showing interest on a draw heavy board with top set in middle position is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admitidly my smoothcalls on the flop were very read dependant on UTG who could be counted on to raise pot sized on turn 75% of the time regardless of what falls. With that the case I have very favorable postion being to the left of the bettor.

But dont you think this is a decent situation to pass up what could be a small edge on the flop in order to exploit a much larger potential edge on the turn. Seems to me that any situation that I might exploit on the flop I will be able to exploit for more money and better odds on the turn if a safe card falls. I think that middle set will be mcuh more likely to get into a raising war on the turn if I dont show much agression on the flop. But I dont know and am interested in comments from more experianced omaha players but it doesnt seem to me that any other line I take gets me all in with 2 other big stacks.