View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: The Calibre Of Ace-King...? (Suited or Unsuited)

[ QUOTE ]
In tournament play, against an all-in bet say, is it always right to call with A-K (suited or not) if you know your NOT up against wired kings or aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not knowingly race against a lower pair unless getting around 3-2 pot odds or better.

My own view when facing an allin with AK whilst getting less than 2-1 pot odds is that I need to have a chance of being against worse aces for me to call. With 2-1 pot odds, I will normally call regardless, (assuming my opponent has either opened allin, or I have raised and been moved allin).

[ QUOTE ]
And would your answer change for a multi-table tournament, as to a single-table tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the same blind/stack ratio and money payout in the given situation, no.

[ QUOTE ]
And would the size of chips in both yours and your opponents posession be relevant

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in the sense of the pot odds I would be getting to call, or in how much action it would take to get allin preflop. And the effect this would have on the likely range I am against.

[ QUOTE ]
plus the stage of the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

At the final table I wouldn't be wanting to call allin with AK if it was a close gamble. i.e. getting 3-2 pot odds and little chance of being against a worse ace.

[ QUOTE ]
and the blinds etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in the sense this affects the dynamics with regards what people are open raising and re-raising with, and the pot odds.

AK gains value as the blinds get bigger in relation to the stacks.