View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Questions and Answers

1. How can the Dems claim that Bush lied when the Democrats had the ***SAME*** intelligence that Bush43 had to make the assertion that Iraq still had WMD? Were the Dems also lying about the intelligence?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
Because Bush said that if we don't act, we'd see a mushroom cloud.
Iraq had Uranium stockpiles that US Troops removed. The UN weapons inspectors knew and inventoried these stockpiles. Since the intelligence stated Iraq was still pursuing WMD, then this is not an unreasonable conclusion. After all, North Korea which is much poorer and much less educated than Iraq, has succeeded in developing nukes.

Because Bush said we found the WMDs.
I'd rather see an exact quote. Based on the intelligence given to Bush and the Democrats this was not a big stretch.

Because Bush told an adviser to look for evidence of Hussein's complicity in 9/11.
In a standard police investigation you start with a list of suspects, and then you start ruling out suspects to narrow your search. Bush would have been incompetent not to investigate whether Hussein was involved.

And because Bush sent Colin Powell to the UN with a briefcase full of misinformation.
Based on information from CIA intelligence. So what.... I think we need to fire a lot of CIA officials. They send an Ambassador with no experience to investigate uranium shipments from Niger, they don't require him to sign a confidentiality agreement, AND...........they let him write a Wall Street Journal Op-Ed. Why not send his wife who is a supposed WMD expert. Ask yourself this: If you have a covert agent and you want her to remain covert are you going to employ her husband, not require him to sign a confidentiality agreement, and let him write an Op-Ed in a major newspaper? Do you think there might be some partisan Bush haters in the CIA who are using their position to attack Bush?

2. Was Clinton lying when he said Iraq had WMD?
Bill Clinton is a pathological liar. I have been consistent, in the years since I have been posting on 2+2 in both my distaste for Mr. Clinton and in my pointing to incidences of his dishonesty.
We agree on something. At least you’re more consistent than some of the mindless Bush bashers on this forum.

3. Was Kerry lying when he said Iraq had WMD?
I don't know. Mr. Kerry's vote authorizing the use of force without doing his homework was reprehensible.
Did not do his homework???!!!! He was on the intelligence committee! He received the most advance intelligence the CIA could provide. There was no homework to do. He just had to attend the committee meetings and listen to their conclusions.

Certainly the current finger-pointing of those who so voted should remind us of that there is plenty of blame to go around.
Oh really! I have heard you bash Bush but I have not heard you Bash Kerry, Edwards, Kennedy, Pelosi, etc.... Do think your partisanship in blinding you somewhat?

I hear many Dems claim Bush is an idiot yet they are trying to claim Bush43 outsmarted them into thinking Iraq really had WMD. So I guess Bush43 is an EVIL GENIUS who trick the lilly-white-innocent-Democrats into voting for a war in Iraq.