View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Disgusting Comments by OP

There once was a little Jedster with too much work to do. What to do, Jedster asked, gazing at the ceiling. Ah, let's look and see if our buddy Felix has said something funny today. And Jedster was satisfied. But Jedster had not much time, so he only decided to pick apart two of Felix's funny jokes, jokes he is wont to call arguments or even sometimes "facts".

[ QUOTE ]

1. Both the US Senate and US Congress have intelligence committees.
2. The members of these intelligence committees are given access to SAME intelligence that the PRESIDENT OF THE USA HAS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, apparently when Planet Reality called Felix he didn't pick up the phone, because the intelligence committees didn't have the same information as the President had. Sure, the October 2002 NIE was delivered to the intelligence committees, but there was literally tons of behind the scenes information going on within the administration that was not given to Congress. For example, the intelligence community failed to adequately address the quality of the intelligence in the NIE despite debate within the IC. Also take the example of Colin Powell, who along with his Chief of Staff had major misgivings about his speech to the United Nations, none of which was conveyed to Congress until much later.

[ QUOTE ]

6. Bill Clinton is on record stating SEVERAL times Iraq had WMD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you start believing him? Bill Clinton was a great politician. A wonderful politician. Catch my drift? In case you don't, what I'm trying to say is that just because Bill Clinton says something doesn't mean it's true.

But that's irrelevant. Because Bill Clinton was not President when Bush decided to go to war. In fact, dare I say it, Bill was probably making love while the drunk cocaine abuser was making war.