View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: This video is just sick - Honda Commercial

[ QUOTE ]
haha ok

First off I have worked in the automotive retail industry for 5 years so I am inclined to comment with a reasonably amount of certainty that the physical representations brought forth in the video are not plausable.

I am primarily referring to the tire bumping a tire bumping a tire up the ramp stunt. A typical tire mounted on an aluminum wheel weighs 40 to 50 pounds. At that slow rate of speed depicted in the commercial, there is no way enough energy could be transferred from one tire to another to create enough energy to cause the tire to roll uphill. How it was weighed is irrelevant; once the tire got to a certain point it would roll in the opposite direction if it were not balanced properly.

That aside I won't speak for any of the other anomolies in the ad.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

I sold tires for 12 years, and I thought the same thing you did, but after careful perual, i am a believer; they were counterweighted, and I see easily how it could be done.

As far as the "500" takes it took; that sounds about right, but I'm betting most think that means 500 times they tried to run the whole thing through....no f'n way anyone does that. Probably 10-20 takes at each station, mebbe more, mebbe less, but Im fairly certain this is not one full, seamless shot.