View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: final table spot

[ QUOTE ]
Fairly tight for an UTG raise 9 handed is something like what? 99+, AJs+? Is that too wide? I think it's important to decide if calling or raising here is best based on what range you think villain has here. Do you have any VPIP numbers? Do you have any VPIP numbers for this guy in this position?

[/ QUOTE ]

table was fairly tight. utg had >7k. had probably 15k or 16k i guess i didn't put that above. utg is probably good enough to have considered the fact that the table had been playing ridiculously tight, and open his range up even farther than your range quoted. i don't have numbers like vpip, no, and the final table was only a couple dozen hands old.

[ QUOTE ]
Considering villain has 7k, he is likely committing his entire stack on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, i don't think that i had said this somewhere, i said the guys to hero's left had shorter stacks.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow, once you consider that against the range I used, we're only 53% against that range, I think you could advocate a call if you were confident that you wouldn't get called by anyone behind (except perhaps the BB). Is BB gonna play this tight? Will he fold most hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure bb is going to be folding this hand, without something big. the only player who will splash around at all is the big stack, and he hasn't even called a raise at the final table. he likes to play limped pots.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's important to know BB's stack, and how he plays (if you know) in order to decide wether a call or raise is better here.[/quote

i hooked that up.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow, how are we going to play this postflop? I think that we are going to have a difficult time committing to this hand if we don't have 10 outs or more to improve if we whiff. If you completely whiff, are you the type of player who can call down with nothing? If your opponent has AJ+, can he bet the flop if he whiffs? How will he react by your just call vs a raise?

Ack, this is a difficult spot. You can't fold this hand though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i'm the type of player who can continue on a blanks board. yes, my opponent i believe could fire on the flop having missed, but i think could give it up on the turn, even check folding on the turn, which is a major reason it might be good to have a full turn bet behind for that case. i think that he's more likely to fold to me on the flop if i decide to raise with air if i have enough chips behind to do more betting in the rest of the hand. it all depends on my feel of the situation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] for instance if i call here and leave myself like 5500, i could call a bet on the flop to see if he bets the turn, have 4k behind, and possibly fold on the turn if i wanted to, having enough to possibly move up in prizes (not all that likely, but also, not all that likely i'd take this line). at this particular table i don't know if 3 betting gets rid of anyone that would not have been scared off by the original bet and call, particularly because i think that due to factors you asked about, the bb is unlikely to play.

and yes, this is a difficult spot, sorta.

c