View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Worst play you\'ve ever lost to in a home game...

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just not seeing it but what's wrong with calling a 3x BB raise with A-4 in a 4-handed game when it's small blind/big blind. Would you fold this playing heads-up? What were the relative stacks/blinds at when this happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds were 50/100, and the stack sizes were probably still right around 1500 apiece. I had a little more than 1500 and was left with 75 after the hand, but not many chips had moved, as it was only level II of our tourney. We were about 20 minutes in. SB completes, and I raise the 200 pot to 500, which he needs to put in 300 to call.

I can see your point, but I was giving him about 1.7 to 1 odds on his call when he needed 2 to 1, yes? Straight up mathematically speaking, it seems like a mistake, although I guess not a huge one, and obviously one that a loose/agressive player is willing to make. But it seems to me that for so early in the tourney, A 4 off is garbage, and you've gotta think your only hope is hitting one of the remaining three aces (if even that) or 2 pair. Of course the straight or 4-card flush are possibilities, but they're exremely minute.

If I'm missing something, by all means let me know. I'm still learning.