View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Re: The little things. Abusing your stack.

Lori,

Personally, I auto push that PF. (not shocking as I'm sure that was your first thought as well) However, if your read on Villain is correct, I think your play is great. I hate when someone 1/3 bets the pot against me with stacks like this because i *know* there's a good chance its a bluff, but I'm not confident enough to risk my whole tourney to find out. So I think (given stack sizes) your bet amount is great.

On to the PF call. Upon reflection, I like this as well, but only if you were planning on betting any flop (sort of a PF stop and go) If your read on Villain is correct, he'll only push back at you after the flop with a piece of it, and probably requires middle pair or better. If so, (ignoring draws as its HU) he's only calling your flop bet less than 1/4 of the time. Given you are auto betting t200 on the flop you're wagering t300 to win a total of t800 (including your bet) so you're good even assuming you never hit a piece of the flop.

Anyway, I like it... I think. I have to go to football but I hope this thread continues, as I think a stop and go strategy, even a stop and push strategy could be quite a powerful alternative to the simple push PF mantra depending on how weak your opponent plays post flop.