View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 03:15 AM

Default Re: The little things. Abusing your stack.

[ QUOTE ]
Lorinda,

Just move in preflop. It's much easier, and he can hardly call you with most hands. Stack sizes are perfect for this move. Now your in a situation where if he calls, you have no idea where you are, and if he raises, well then you fold. Pushing here preflop is definitely +EV.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with Jason.

I was in a 200K qualifier SNG on PP tonight with a similar situation. I had been folding when I was BB quite a bit. There had been no need to push when the blinds are minimal. Here is the sitch.

Button: 2500
Me (BB): 1500
Blinds 100/200 no one else pertinent in the hand.

Folded to Button, he raises his standard 2x, SB folds. I had K-6 spades. I just blasted him and went all in. He folded, and he never tried that crap with me again. I went on to win the tourny.

Point being is that if you notice the button consistently raising a set amount, say 2x the BB, Push push push. It will accomplish 2 things. First and Foremost it will get you valuable chips. Second, it will make the thief think twice about doing it again, well at least if they have mediocre hands. I completely agree that this exact situation has nothing but +EV.