View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: My personal theory of what went wrong in NO

go post AM

I haven't and will no read all but a few of the reponses as the level on retardation on this board is intolerable at the moment so you mave have covered some as this earlier.

I think you are on to something but not quite there. From my limited knowledge it appears much of the confusion and chaos stemmed from a lack of communication between the state/local and federal authorities.

I think that at the beginning State officials tried to run operations using the federal government as a resource. This resulted for example the Federal Government making available to the State resources like food,water and man power but without the Federal government actually putting them into action. The problem was that the State government simply was not capable for many reasons of effectively using all of those resources. Thus many things went unused and people suffered.

I think at first the Federal Government was unwilling or hesitant to seize control and turn the managing of the crisis over to the one organization skilled and experienced in operating wide spread life and death crisis situations. As you stated the US military.