View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: I can\'t stand the bad runs

Well, isn't this a nice thread.

Alright kiddo, let me give you some "non professional" advice.

I just went through a 2 1/2 MONTH bad run. I took some time off, almost a week, and didnt come back and play until I was ready. When I came back I was fresh and ready to play. I also came back playing my A game again. Shorthanded limit Hold'em. The 5-10 6 max.

Now as well all know that game is variance city.

Dropped -110 BB to start and slept well every night. After that I reversed the entire downswing and am now up over 400BB in the past 3 weeks. Im playing well, (for the most part and even when Ive dropped 70 BB in a session, I don;t let it get to me.

Some cat chased down a 2 outer last night with a pair of 2's to the river to catch a boat on my flopped flush. I just chuckled and get at him. He eventually dropped all his money.

You my friend, need a break, in a bad way. If you are thinking about going pro (or if you have already done so) I highly suggest you change careers. I play it as a profitable hobby. Its not my life, I have fun doing it, and the $$ isn't that important to me. But, I use very good BR management, and it beats watching TV.

You are taking this game way too seriously. I know, I've been there, its not a good thing. Take a break, dont read about it, dont play it until you are clear headed and ready to return.

That could be a few days, it could be a week or two, it could be a month or more. But, do not play until you realize what this GAME is all about.

All due respect but it seems as if you need to mature a lot more if you are hitting walls and doing stuff like that oer a poker game. Ive lost $1000 pots and never hit anything, maybe its your age showing.

Tough love,

Gregg