View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Where do I go next....

Ok so here I am been playing for a little more than half a year. I've focussed mainly on FL hold'em, and currently I'm multitabling party 2/4$ (7 tables 1 screen). I do Ok, but nothing wild with a winrate at 1,8 over 45K hands.

This month I've started to feel the burnout just a bit, and I've also questioned wether this is fun or just grindin money. Sure I have fun but when multitabling you only have so much time between each decission. I've taken a couple of shots at the 3/6$ 6max but with bad results.

I've decided to take 1 or 2 weeks off and really think what I'd like to do from here.

1. I could start from scratch and learn a new poker variant NL or SNG's. Starting at the small stakes working my way up study this new form every single part of it.

2. I could stick with FL and live with the burnout, and continue to take shoots, and hopefully in time I'll be able to climb the ladder.

3. I could stay where I am grindin, and take some money out. (I haven't taken any money out as of yet). This serves two things. I get to play loads of hands and get really good proof that I'm a winning player at this level. I'll get some momey out spend em foolishly and hopefully my br at 5,5k would increase also.

I'd like some opinions from other players from FL, NL and SNG's on why they prefer their game and which pros and cons come along with each variety.

I believe that NL is the game where you get to do the most decissions and thus the best game if you have enough skill..? (haven't played much)

SNG's I find these to be loads of fun but somehow it's pretty boring just going all in and all in when you get to the last few players.

Money wise which game is the easiest to make a good rate anything above 50$ an hour is ok for me this is only hobby second job so far.

I've bought a couple of books covering several varieties NL/FL (Super system) and the NL PL book By bob Caiffone and Steward Reuben.

Where do I go..