View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Home Tourney Advice Needed

Hey Drac,
I've hosted a few 2-3 table NL events at my house and related your question on tables, I tried both ways, 1) taking top 2 or 3 people from each table to go to the final table and 2) constant table combining/balancing with the final 6 going to the final table. If you take the top 2-3 from each table, the only down fall is that one table may finish way earlier than the other tables so the players would have to wait. The problem with table combining/balancing is that it requires your constant attention (which is a pain when you are playing). You have to keep track of who is busting out, who posted the last blind, making sure everyone stops the action so you can move someone, etc. Also, when we played, I had some complaints from both tables because the chip leader moved from one table to another! The table combining/balancing was good in theory, but difficult to execute, so I think for the next one, I am going back to the top 2-3 for each table move on the final table. I figure that if a player is going to the final table, they won't mind waiting! I know I wouldn't mind. Good luck.
G$