View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Weak-tight or well-done? TPTK, NL200

[ QUOTE ]
Bet a little more on the flop. Fold to his flop c/r. As played definitely fold turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think betting more on that flop will do anything. It's dry. You are either beat or way ahead. I think you will see KQ there sometimes but not AK. I think AK would usually limp reraise or just raise preflop frop EP. But this is full ring where I'm not as experienced. I think folding that flop would be weak. You hit your TPTK which is basicly all you can ask for with AK. I say call the c/r and see what he does on the turn. But that turn bet is where it gets interesting. Without reads its very hard to put him on a hand. It could easily be KQs sensing weakness and firing or it could be a set knowing you have at least a K for you to stay in this hand. I'm leaning towards set. All I know is that if you call this turn, then you are pot committed so you might as well shove. It be a tough fold on the turn but I think it might be the best play here.

One more thing is that the bet sizes don't really add up. Why all of a sudden charge so much? If it is a set that recognizes that you have a king why not milk you for a litte more? That 7 couldn't possibly have scared him. He c/r for less than the pot. A full potsized c/r would have been more in the 50 range. I think he made it a pretty easy call for you. Then why not make the turn bet 60 or 55. IDK, I'm just spitting out food for thought. Still a fold on the turn I believe.