View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Party Poker November VIP Payments

For those intereste...here's the e-mail I have sent.
I don't find it to be especially nasty.

I've been playing at non-party sites lately (mostly) and have signed-up for a couple sites that I have never played on before. These other sites are giving me decent bonuses and have other incentives too.
I'm not super-tied down to party. If they want to short me, and then if they give me a crappy offer for December (which they really should have given before December started) and continue to run this in a super-disorganized fashion then it will be up to me as a customer to decide how much I actually want to play there.

Anyway...here's the e-mail I have sent.
Feel free to use any of these ideas in your e-mails to them regarding this issue.

----------------------------------------

I see I have received $600 for the 23.4k hands I played in November.
The original goal was supposed to be $1250 for 30k hands.
However, it was expressly stated by my VIP-rep that however much I played in the month I would get the corresponding percentage of the goal.

For example, it was explained that if I achieved 75% of the goal I would get paid exactly 75%.

If this hadn't been explained to me previously I would not have agreed to such a high goal of hands and also would not have been as lax about not achieving the total of 30k raked-hands.

The payment I received is a fairly significant shortage.

I achieved 78% of the goal...but got paid less than 50% of the money.

I should have gotten $975 (78% of $1250) but only got $600 meaning I only got 61.5% of what I should have gotten.

I suspect that my previous party VIP-rep isn't there anymore...but I believe that I agreed to this goal and the terms therein in good-faith.

If a representative of Party promises that this is how it's going to be done then I believe I have every right to expect that Party will fulfill its obligation as per the terms of the original agreement.

Additionally, this is the 2nd month in a row that the payment I have received was short of the original offer and that I have had to remind Party that they should pay me more money.
This is inconvenient, frustrating and time-consuming.

I have a real concern that Party will come up with some excuse to not pay me the money that I was originally promised.
If this happens then I will certainly feel slighted and deceived.

The basic idea behind the VIP-club is great imo. trying to reward your high-volume players is certainly well-intentioned.
But when I am promised one thing by party I feel it is party's obligation to deliver on that promise.

In this case, I was promised that I would receive 75% of $1250 (or 78.9% or whatever) if I played hands corresponding to 75% of the goal.

I hope you strongly consider making the correction and giving me the appropriate payment for my play last month.

sincerely,
Bob xxxxxxxxx