View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Are you looking for 5/10 Limit Holdem in Vegas?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Horrible choice for a limit. There is a reason why 5/10 isn't spread commonly in Vegas or LA... no action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right TT; I'm sure there is a reason the game isn't spready anywhere else in Vegas. But, I do know that the game is spread successfully in card rooms outside of Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, its not spread successfully. The floor at the Taj and I discussed this not long ago during ATLARGE (the only room in AC that spreads 5/10, its a limit the room management wishes to remove because the players are requesting 4/8 and don't want to play 5/10 for the most part. But upper level management won't let them change because it "differentiates the room" and the players stay in the game a long time (which continuously generates a steady rake).

Also keep in mind in many ways until recently the Taj was the only game in town, you can wait for hours at the Borg for a low limit game, or go to the Trop (which until the recent makeover many player refused to do, for some odd reason the locals believed the room is full of cheats). So the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" policy applies.

Again, let me reiterate that the 5/10 game will die a horrible death if the Aladdin is also spreading similar limits (6/12 or 4/8), the room is better off spreading 3/6/and 6/12. And YES... 6/12 will get tons of action if 4/8 isn't available. If you don't believe me, ask Mason what he thinks. I'm willing to believe he will agree.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]