View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: $11\'s 5 Bubble Hands - good pushes? (won some, lost some)

1) Your stack is too small vs the blinds to push here, and you're not desperate for chips. Standard raise to 150 or so, call a push from shorty. No need to open push here. (I generally loosen up the '10 BB' rule more than others, but not this far.) If say, the blinds were 25-50, I had 700 and one guy limped, I would push AQ. This is way too extreme given the blinds / your stack.

2) Probably get called weak tight for this, but I would just fold here. Again, not desperate, not a good enough hand to push. Don't really want to standard raise and get called by bigstack in the BB. If he was tight, I guess you could standard raise here, but I lean toward just folding in spots like this and keeping my stack intact. Depends on how loosey goosey the bigstack in the BB is playing.

3) Pushing is mandatory here

4) Another good push

5) What kyro said. Realize that most players on the 11s are not 'smart' enough to fold to your push here. That said, you still have a strong hand in the event that he does call and you have him covered. I suspect that there would be alot of disagreement on this hand among forum posters. It is very opponent dependent, whether you think he's capable of folding here. On an 11, I would tend to just call, believing that they are not laying down their hand. BTW, his call sucks.