View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 11:54 AM

Default Re: My finest hour yet...

Great post! I'm glad to see that this happens to good players too and not just me [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Me the other day:

Board on river A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] -K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] -x [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] -x- Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] .

My hand: T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] (don't even ask me how I got to the river).

River action:

My opponent bets. "You have a flush", ego says, "therefore you must raise". I raise.

Opponent, a not so good, non-thinking player instantaneoulsly reraises. "he's a horrible player, he could have literally anything, pop him back", ego says. I reraise.

Opponent again instantly reraises. "You have the second nuts, he'd have to have exactly the J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] to beat you and what are the odds of that? Raise him again", ego says and I do.

Opponent instantly 5-bets. "maybe you should just call", ego says. I do, and muck as soon as he shows his J7o with the J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img].

No, I'm not on tilt. Why do you ask?...