View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I usually be betting the flop with Ace high even against 3 opponents after raising preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

At 20/40, I don't think so. I often follow the same line that you do Cartman. The OP summed up my feelings at 20/40 with this line:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not surprised that almost everyone is telling me to follow the standard bet the flop line, or the call-down line, but in my experiencing doing what You're Supposed To Do with crap unimproved aces in these situations at 20/40 is costing me money.

[/ QUOTE ]

My one concern here, and this is something I feel I personally need to work on, is checking a slightly higher percentage of made hands on the flop to account for this, as I fire at this pot at lower limits. However, if one adds this check into their reportoire without some sort of compensation, then a flop check means with utmost certainty "hey guys I missed" every time, and these 20/40 bastards will exploit the crap out of this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they exploit the crap out of everything, don't they?

I dunno about the flop checkraise but I really don't think the flop check was that bad. Yes, it was an insanely dry board -- so much so that if I had followed the standard line I wouldn't be surprised if I had to combat someone bluff-raising me. I think this line took the initiative back once I had reason to believe I was safe, and I'm surprised nobody is seeing that possible benefit.